Sunday, April 28, 2013

Heartbroken




Last night, I chose to stay at home just to watch the PBA Semis between the Alaska Aces against San Mig Coffee. As expected, it was war! The game is not for the weak of heart. Watching the game is like watching your best friend and boyfriend playing ball in the opposing team! I was torn which team would I want to draw first blood. The Aces had not been able to beat the Mixers since Coach Tim left the Aces 2 seasons ago... The first time I learned about Coach Tim's transfer it's like "what? is this some kind of a joke people?." Alaska will never be Alaska without Coach Tim's Triangle Offense and his coat and tie! But nothing is constant in this world that's what they said, that's the sad part. All we got to do is accept the fact that my beloved Aces will be TimConeless. Still I have this feeling that I ought to cheer for the Mixers 'coz there's Coach Tim in there. Our beloved Coach who gave us championships (Grand slam for that matter).  On the other hand I know in my heart that I will be forever loyal to the Alaska Aces franchise though the original players are retired already and it is not the same Aces that I love so much before. 


Thank you for the Grand slam.


Loyalty prevails. In the final minutes of the ball game I found myself praying that the Aces will be able to surpass this awkward stage of being in the shadow of Coach Tim. And will finally be able to win for the first time against Coach Tim Cone. For since Coach Tim's "leaving" the team and coached the Mixers there was not a single game that the Aces had won. I truly believed it's about time that the Aces will let go and let their inner beast go out  fully geared and beat the Mixers! But the god of basketball has other plan last night. Once again the reigning Best Import of the Commissioner's Cup "Monster Bowles" delivered a dagger that killed my beloved Aces in just a shot...



Monster Bowles

 Ouch! It hurts damn deep. It's just only game one of five games and I am very sure there will be more drawing of bloods and redeeming of prides.  I know Alaska will bounce back in game II. It will be another epic game for sure!  I want the Alaska Aces in the Finals.










No comments:

Post a Comment