Monday, May 6, 2013

So close.. Yet so far.









I love basketball. No doubt 'bout that and it hurts so much  to not  be able to watch a PBA All-Star Weekend knowing it's just 30 miles away! In the past years, I always looked forward to an All-Star game. It was late January I believe that they announced where the All-Star Weekend will be held and I was so static about it 'coz I know I have a fat chance in watching it live. I started to look for tickets in the internet and asked  few friends who I think got connections to the event but it was nothing. A few weeks before the event a friend told me that he got tickets, a 1300-worth of a single tix! And my reaction is like "What? I can book a round trip flight for that price!" hahaha So, I didn't grab that opportunity to watch the All-Star game thinking there will surely be cheaper tix.. but nothing came 'til the day of the event. And I regretted it BIG-TIME. Yeah, seeing it on Tv how successful and crazy the games went and who the players that had joined... Shocks! I was supposed to be there screaming my lungs out!  I should have bought that damn 1k+ ticket for I know my pleasure and happiness in watching basketball is more than a thousand bucks but it's all too late now..I made a choice and  the All-Star Weekend was done and I can't turn back time, all I can do is try to see things on the brighter side and not to make the same mistake again in the future to come. Lesson learned is that OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS ONLY ONCE and you should grab it even if you feel it's just a 10% go-signal to yourself. Even if you believe it's a great risk because Life is nothing without RISK but always do remember to think things over first and always asks for God's guidance in making decisions in life. I know this is penny thoughts but for me this is something. I will forever remember this event in my life 'coz I am sure it will take years before the next All-Star Weekend in Digos City. All-Star Weekend was a great success anyway and  the best All-Star Weekend so far for me not because this was held in our neighboring city but because I can see that the players and the audience had a great time and the culmination game ended in a draw! With Jeff Chan shooting that clucth 3 pointer to the tie game! What a game though I didn't watch it live I still feel I was part of the event haha #feelingeraLangAngPeg.


Here are the highlights:

Co-MVPs Jeff Chan & Arwind Santos

Slam Dunk Champ Chris Ellis



3-pt Shootout Champ Chris Tiu!
4-time Skills Challenge Champ Jonas Villanueva

No comments:

Post a Comment