Thursday, September 12, 2013

Byaheng Espanya! (Super Late Post)

Last August 11, 2013 a history in Philippines Basketball was made. After 30+ years of not making it to the World Cup, we finally quality! We beat our long time nemesis Korean basketball team in which for the longest time in basketball history we haven't beaten. Through the years Korea put a curse on us, always left us heart broken not only in Koraenovelas but on basketball as well. I personally, doubted the Gilas. I really didn't think that we can steal this one from them, but deep in my heart I know for some reason that this Gilas roaster is so underrated in many ways, maybe some critics were right, Gilas don't have the height compared to those 7 footer players but remember this, Pinoys have BIG HEART. Gilas may lack in height, trained in such  short time, and may not have the best basketball program in Asia but in a great player's perspective, playing alone for your country, for your countrymen whose love for basketball is immeasurable, it's more than enough.

Here's the highlights of the game:

                                                           


No words can describe what I felt at that moment, I was laughing and crying at the same time and it was the best moment in my 20+  years of being a basketball fan, it's more than Alaska winning championship, more than Nico Salva getting the finals MVP, more than seeing JoLas shot that 3-pointer! I never felt any prouder to be Pinoy! And I truly believed I'm not the only one who felt the same way, I assumed it was the whole country. Yeah, Korea left us again in tears but this time it's tears of joy! Wohoooo! We really got PUSO.







                                                                                                                   xx, Ypai

No comments:

Post a Comment